There’s nothin’ quite like the classic pairing of beans and rice. Ours are seasoned simply with cumin and garlic.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cups rice
- 1 pound of dried beans, pre-cooked
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth or water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lime and cilantro for garnish
Heat a large pot over medium-high and add oil. Stir in the onions, peppers, garlic, bay leaves, and cumin. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
Stir in the rice, beans, tomatoes, broth, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender and liquids are mostly evaporated. Garnish with lime juice and cilantro.