Large heads of slightly crisp, sweet Napa cabbage can be used in all kinds of recipes, from stir-fry and soup to kimchi and slaw. This simple Napa cabbage salad has the added crunch of toasted almonds.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound Napa cabbage, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the almonds and sesame seeds in a pie plate, and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Add the cabbage, scallions and cilantro, and toss all to combine. Add the toasted almonds and seeds, and season with pepper. Toss again and serve.