Looking for a simple way to prepare your cabbage? This satisfying soup with hearty beans is just the ticket.
- 2 cups soaked dried beans
- 1 green cabbage head, chopped
- 1 small purple cabbage, chopped (optional)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- Canadian Bacon (chopped), ham chunks or sausage (optional)
- Marjoram, garlic and black pepper to taste
- Water or stock
In a large soup pan, add all the above ingredients with enough water/stock to cover. Bring to a light boiling simmer and cook until the beans are soft. Serve hot.